Ten tips to have a great hiking experience.
Now that summer is here, its time to get out and enjoy nature
- Hiking with a partner is a lot of fun, motivating and help in case of emergencies
- Plan your trip ahead, learn about your destination, weather, terrain, trail conditions, how to reach, download trail maps
- Be prepared physically and mentally. Altitude, heat, cold and terrain can impact your hiking, get off the treadmill and hit the dirt to practice
- Listen to the weather man, be dressed in layers & a well broken into hiking shoes, having a hiking pole is a good idea
- Your back pack should include, first aid, sun screen, bug spray, cell phone, flash light ,GPS, food & water to last the whole trip
- Start your day with a hearty, bellyful of breakfast to kick of the day
- Depending on the distance start early, and hike at the pace, break every 30/60 minutes, stick to the trails, and avoid short cuts.
- Hydrate yourself often a bottle of electrolyte would help immensely.
- Time your ascent and progress, when you reach your destination spend time to enjoy the surrounding and your conquests
- Time yourself that you return back before sun down
After the hike, it always fun to look back and enjoy of the moments that you just finished a hike. Stretch and relax the weary limbs .Jot down some small blurbs of notable things you were impressed on a note pad. When you have time expand those blubs to share your experience and wisdom