information we collect
When you access or use the Service from or through your smart phone, tablet, computer or other device (each, a “device”), or when you install the Service on your device and register with Sayhello, personally identifiable information about you may be collected. This collection may occur at different times, and for different purposes as explained below.
download and registration
When you download an application that is part of the Service you are requested to register with us. For registration through Sayhello, you are only required to provide your mobile phone number or your email address, depending on the device(s) you are using on the Service. You may also provide other personally identifiable information, but that is optional. [When you log in using your Facebook account, we collect additional information you make available to us (see “Your User Profile”) below.]
If you are not already a user of the Service, when you first install an application that is part of the Service on your device, you are invited to register with Sayhello and as part of this initial registration, you will be asked to allow us access to your address book. If you consent, we will have access to contact information in your address book on the devices you use for the Service (names, numbers, emails, and Facebook ID, but not notes or other personally identifiable information) and we will store it on our servers and use it to improve the Service and help you use the Service. If you do not want Sayhello to store this information, you may opt-out at any time through your account settings in the Sayhello mobile app, or in your device’s privacy settings, in which case we will delete that information from our servers. However, in this case, we may not be able to offer some of the features that require this information. See also “How We Use the Information We Collect” below.
We may request access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – so that we can provide content that is more suitable to your location. You are free to accept or block access to your location information. You can switch off access to your location at any time through your account settings or your device settings menu.
We collect and store certain profile information including your name, phone number, email address, picture, country of residence and preferences.
We may collect and store information about your usage of, and interaction with, the Service and Third Party Games (whether or not played on the Service), including calls, messages, posts, information relating to games played (such as games played, your game scores, how often you play and how much money you spend on the games), usage of the Service by geographies, device and connection information (such as MAC address), IP address, device capability, bandwidth, web browser software, referring website, statistics on page views, network type and traffic to and from our websites.
When we serve an advertisement to your device, we collect information about your interaction with this advertisement to help us evaluate the performance of the advertisement that we show, such as whether you clicked on it, or installed the advertised product. The third parties that serve these advertisements may also collect other information about your interaction with an advertisement. This collection and the subsequent use of this information by these third parties is subject to these third parties’ privacy policies over which Sayhello has no control.
shared text, photos, [videos and other communications]
The Service allows you to share text messages, photos, [videos and other communications (such as interactions during games) with other users], and if you choose to share your text messages, photos, videos and other communications, such items will be stored on our servers in accordance with our data retention policies.
In addition, if you choose to share these items with other Service users, we may not be able to remove them from our servers or make them unavailable to anyone you have shared them with. Sending text messages, photos, videos or other communications through the Service is your decision. By choosing to share that information, you should understand that you may no longer be able to control how that information is used and that it may become publicly available (depending in part on your actions or the actions of others with whom you have shared the information). Sayhello is not responsible for any use or misuse of information you share.
device and log information
If you use our Service, we collect information about your device and browser. This may include device information (type of device, operating system version, unique device identifier, browser type and version, mobile network information) or log information (IP address, MAC address, screen resolution, and referring domain).
error reporting information
We also collect error-reporting information if the Service crashes or hangs up so that we can investigate the error and improve the stability of the Service for future releases. In general these reports do not contain personally identifiable information, or only incidentally. As part of these error reports, we receive information about the type and version of your device and browser, the device identifier, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
how we use information
In addition to using your information to provide you with the Services that you request, we use or may disclose your personally identifiable information as follows:
- To verify your identity;
- To connect you with your Sayhello contacts and others as enabled by the Service;
- To share your Profile with your Sayhello contacts and others on the Service in accordance with your account settings;
- To show you the names and profiles of the Sayhello contacts with whom you communicate and to show your name and profile to persons with whom you communicate on the Service;
- To manage your account, deliver to you any administrative notices, updates, notifications, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- To provide you with relevant content that you requested, using information that you allow us to collect from you or that you provide to a social media provider with which your Sayhello account is connected, such as information regarding your and your Sayhello contacts’ respective locations;
- To share information about the games you play on our Service, your score or your experience, with your Sayhello contacts – according to your settings;
- To understand (i) how you use the different features of the Service, (ii) what your preferences are – for example, what type of games you like to play, what type of music you like to attach to your pictures or what type of products you like to view or purchase, and (iii) how to make suggestions and recommendations of things (for example, games, music and products) you may be interested in;
- To keep your list of Sayhello contacts up to date – for example, when new users join Sayhello;
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- To contact you via email, SMS or otherwise for the purpose of informing you about new products, services or promotions offered by Sayhello (you can opt-out of such emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link, withhold your consent to receive an SMS or reply stop to an SMS in order not to receive future SMSs);
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting problems, data analysis, testing, research, improvements to the Service, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other illegal activity;
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities.
With Whom We Share Your Information
In certain instances, Sayhello may have contracts with third parties to provide Sayhello with products and/or services in connection with the Service. In those cases, Sayhellomay share your personally identifiable information with these third-party service providers, or authorize them to collect information on its behalf, but only in connection with providing the services to you or Sayhello. For example, these third party service providers include:
- Third party SMS and email providers who deliver the authentication SMS or email to you when you register with the Service and with whom Sayhello shares your phone number or email.
- Third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, such as hosting, business analytics, customer service, collecting or processing credit and debit card information and payments, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention.
These third parties include business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our Service. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service that you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours.
We also may share your information with third parties:
- In response to facially valid subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process when we have a good faith belief that the law, any legal process, law enforcement, national security or issue of public importance requires disclosure;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights, or as otherwise required by law;
- In connection with a corporate transaction involving Sayhello or the Service, such as the purchase or sale of a business unit, an acquisition, merger, sale of assets, corporate reorganization, liquidation, or other similar event.
aggregate and anonymous information
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of users our app receives. This information does not contain any personal information, and is used to develop content and services that we hope you will find of interest.
display of tailored advertising
We allow third parties with whom we have a separate agreement to use certain technologies to collect information about the placement, views and clicks of their advertisements, so that they can better serve interest-based advertisements to our users and visitors. These third parties include
(1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on the Service;
(2) attribution partners who help us measure effectiveness of certain advertisements; and
(3) advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of their advertisements. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your interests or preferences so that they can display advertisements on the Service and on other sites across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
do not track policy
California law requires that operators of websites and online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal and whether other third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities from their site or service.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, the Service does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat Do Not Track signals. However, if you do want your use of the Service not to be tracked so that we cannot send you targeted advertisements, please contact us at [email@example.com].
The business partners and advertising networks that serve interest-based advertisements on the Services have limited access to a small amount of information about your profile and your device, which is necessary to serve you advertisement that are tailored to your apparent interests, and it is possible that they may reuse this small amount of information on other sites or services.
your user profile
The information you enter into your user profile (your “Profile”) may be shared with your Sayhello contacts. You control your Profile and you can access and modify your Profile from the Sayhello application at any time. In addition, if you register with Sayhello using your Facebook account (e.g. Facebook Connect), we may store your Facebook ID and corresponding token on our servers and, if you give us your express consent, we will have access to and may collect certain information that you make available on Facebook (for example, your first and last names, email address, profile picture, your friend lists and birthdays).
Your Profile is available to other users of the Service who are connected to you on Sayhello. In addition, unless you opt-out (which you may do at any time in the Sayhello application), your Profile is discoverable by other Sayhello users, including by way of example in listings of contacts that will include your proximity to other users (however, Sayhello will not share your location with any users). You may also “block out” any Sayhello user in your contact list from discovering your Profile at any time.
In addition, Sayhello may pre-populate your Profile with certain information such as your name and Facebook profile picture if you or your Sayhello contacts have logged onto the Service using Facebook.
data access and removal
You can always control what information you choose to share with us on the Service. To do so, you can change your settings in the Service or in your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Service from your mobile device entirely.
You can remove your data anytime you want by sending a request to Sayhello at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will no longer be available to your Sayhello contacts. If you ask us to delete your account, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers, however certain information may be retained in our back-up or archival systems. Please note that, after your account is closed, we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity.
Any personally identifiable information and any content that (i) you share in text messages, photos, videos or otherwise in or through the Service with other users, or (ii) submit on a blog, bulletin board or chat room on our website or elsewhere, can be viewed and used by others, including to send you unsolicited messages or to commit identity theft. Sayhello is not responsible for any use or misuse of your information that might result from your disclosure of information.
opt-out – promotional communications
Sayhello allows you to choose not to receive promotional email messages from the Service or its service providers. You may opt-out by following instructions in the message sent by Sayhello or its service providers on how to unsubscribe from that particular mailing. You may also opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
Protecting user privacy and personally identifiable information is a top priority for Sayhello. We make substantial efforts to ensure the privacy and security of all personally identifiable information you provide to us. Access to all personally identifiable information is restricted to those individuals who need to know that information in order to provide, operate, develop, maintain, support or improve the Service. Sayhello uses password protection, access logs, and system monitoring to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all member information.
However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet and related technology, we do not guarantee the protection of information under our control or in transit against loss, misuse, or alteration.
The Service is not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen as part of the Service. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of eighteen as part of the Service, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen as part of the Service.
notification of changes